Ski Patrol Essentials: First Aid, Equipment, & Tools
SKI PATROL ESSENTIALS: FIRST AID, EQUIPMENT, & TOOLS
The 2022/2023 Ski Season is right around the corner! As we prepare for the heavenly snowfall that allows us to shred the slopes, safety remains one of the highest priorities to ensure a happy and healthy winter season. By partnering with NorMed, you can confidently stock up on high-quality, low-cost products that lend you the widest variety of first aid supplies in the marketplace.
For nearly 50 years, NorMed has remained committed to innovating, manufacturing, and distributing exceptional products to ski resorts nationwide. You can always trust NorMed for your first aid and immediate care supplies, while we trust you to keep us safe while enjoying our various snow sports and recreation.
Below we have collected a list of phenomenal products consistently voted as premier Ski Patrol tools.
Absorbent, 100% woven cotton sponges are excellent for wound cleaning and sterile dressing.
- 8-ply woven cotton, 2 in each pouch
- Sterile, 4" x 4"
- 50 pouch of 2
One of the most versatile first aid tools, Triangular Bandages, can be used as an arm sling or a pad to control bleeding. It may also support or immobilize an injury to a bone or joint or improvised padding over a painful injury.
- Available in sterile & non-sterile, in either white or muslin
HART brand, Bloodblocker, is an absorbent trauma dressing with a non-stick wound pad and removable pressure block.
- Compare to Blood-Stopper
- 6" x 4-1/4" pad size, unfolds to 6" x 8-1/2"
- Includes two gauze roll pressure blocks, 4" x 4.1 yards
- Sterile, one per package
Cohere Wrap is a lightweight, economical compression wrap with multiple uses. Use to secure dressings, protect, compress, and support muscles or joints. Suggested applications include compression dressing, repetitive motion support, wrapping and holding splints in place, and securing IVs and other devices.
- Self-adhering, no pins or clips required
- Completely latex-free
- Compared to Coban, equal quality at a substantial savings
- Available in multiple lengths and colors, including:
- 1"x 5yd (Blue & Tan)
- 2"x5yd (Blue & Tan)
- 3"x5yd (Blue & Tan)
- 4"x5yd (Tan)
Extra tensile strength makes this moleskin material ideal for arch sprains, strains, and heel spur syndrome.
- Sure-stick adhesive allows easy, secure positioning
- 9" x 4 yards
- Sold by the roll
A strong cloth tape that provides dependable support
- Compared to Johnson & Johnson's Zonas Tape
- An excellent choice for support strapping, patient positioning, restraints, and immobilization of strains or sprains
- Porous construction allows ventilation and minimal skin irritation
- Pinked edges make it easier to tear
- Available in 1/2"x10yds, 1"x10 yards, & 2"x10yds
HART's Adhesive bandages are packed in dispenser boxes and are designed to give quick, convenient access, whether used in a kit or first aid cabinet. These adhesive bandages are sterile and have non-stick pads that protect the wound and promote fast healing. Easy to apply, HART adhesive bandages come in many styles and shapes to meet virtually any minor wound care need.
LiteFlex bandages are flexible, light-weaved elastic cloth adhesive bandages designed for superior comfort and flexibility. All HART elastic cloth bandages have strong adhesion to stay on, even with perspiration, while resisting water, oil or grease, and dirt.
Available in multiple sizes and shapes, including:
- Patches (2"x3")
- Fingertips (1-3/4"x3" & 1-3/4"x2")
- Knuckles (1/2"x2" & 1-1/2"x3")
- Strips (1"x3", 3/4"x3", & 5/8"x2-1/4")
HART's BLISTERFLEX hydrocolloid bandages are designed explicitly for blister care and prevention.
- Hydrocolloid cushion helps protect and aid in faster healing of blisters
- Water resistance adhesion for longer wear
- Latex free
- Available in multiple sizes and shapes, including:
- Digit (3/4" x 2-3/8")
- Strips (1-1/8" x 2-3/8")
- Oval (2-1/8" x 1-3/8")
HART's Butterfly closures secure small wounds and incisions. Providing fast-acting, sterile care in any emergency.
- Holds wound edges firmly together
- non-adhering film on the center section to prevent sticking
- Sterile, waterproof closure
No first aid kit is complete without antiseptic cleansing products. HART's dispenser packages include individually foil-wrapped, sterile Wound Wipes for quick, easy cleansing of wounds, especially when soap and water are unavailable.
- Antibacterial; Benzalkonium Chloride
- Sterile, individually foil wrapped
Tribiotic (Triple Antibiotic) Ointment
Foil-packed HART TRIBIOTIC triple antibiotic ointment offers the convenience and purity of single-use packaging and reduces the potential for cross-contamination when using tubes.
- Bacitracin, Neomycin, and Polymyxin
- Single dose foil packets
- Available packet sizes, .5gm & .9gm
HART's antiseptic cleansing Alcohol Wipes come in dispenser packaging, individually foil-wrapped, sterile Alcohol Wipes for quick, easy cleansing or prepping for injections.
- Contains Isopropyl Alcohol 70%
- Sterile, individually foil wrapped
- Medium, 2-1/2" x 1-3/8" pad
One is all you need to immobilize almost any bone in the body. Compared to the SAM Splint.
- Universal, durable splint
- Can be rolled or folded to fit easily in emergency kits and backpacks
- Waterproof, orange/grey
- Will not stick to wounds
- Available folded or rolled in 4-1/2"x24" & 4-1/2"x36"
Color-coded collars for suspected cervical spine injuries are easy to use and provide excellent neck immobilization.
- Deliver motion restriction without hyperextension or limiting access to the airway
- Locking mechanisms ensure stability and symmetrical alignment.
- Optimal size selection with a simple, accurate finger-sizing method
- Large trachea hole for exceptional access to pulse check, airway procedures, and visualization assessment
- Available in multiple varieties, including Adjustable, No Neck (Adult), Regular (Adult), Tall (Adult), Short (Adult), Pediatric, and Infant.
Constructed of a high-density polymer, this backboard has a 500-pound capacity.
- 71" L x 15.75" W x 1.85" D
- X-ray translucent, rigid
- A smooth surface allows for easy cleaning
- Easy to store
EMT-grade utility shears made of stainless steel can easily cut leather, clothing, metal, tape, and gauze.
- Utility shears quickly cut leather, metal, and clothing
- Spade tip
- Comfortable grip handles
Packaged in a unitized box with clearly written and illustrated instructions, ingredient listing, and dosage recommendations on all HART unitized boxes.
- Two 7-10 gallon infectious control bags with ties
- Two antimicrobial hand wipes
- Single width unit box
- Textured, powder-free
- Latex-free, non-sterile, single-use only
- Ambidextrous, beaded cuff
- One pair per bag to prevent contamination
A transparent, flexible barrier to help prevent mouth-to-mouth contact during CPR.
- Textured to avoid slippage
- A built-in one-way valve also serves as a bite block
- Single-use, 1 per unit
- 1-1/2 width unit box
The one-way valve system has minimum airway resistance and provides an effective patented viral and bacteria filter.
- Compare to Laerdal
- Rugged, soft cuffed, clear resuscitation mask
- One-way valve, filter, head strap, and case
- Suitable for use in training programs
- With oxygen inlet
Duel-channel design allows for the safe insertion or withdrawal of a suction catheter and ensures an unobstructed pathway for ventilation.
- Oral airways are molded of semi-rigid, non-toxic polyethylene.
- Made by Berman #1
- Kit includes: 1 each of 110mm (X-large adult), 100mm (large Adult), 90mm (medium adult), 80mm (small adult), 60mm (child), 40mm (infant)
- The airway kit comes in a plastic box.
If you are looking for a more comprehensive, ready-to-go responder kit, look no further than our fully stocked EMT Trauma Backpack! This bag contains everything you might need when assisting an injured visitor.
The contents of this kit are designed for use in a wide range of situations, from minor cuts to injuries requiring Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Rugged orange clam shell style backpack with pockets and three color-coded removable pouches allowing excellent organization
- Strong nylon web adjustable shoulder straps and a top handle facilitate quick grab-n-go access.
- A vertical section in the center has nylon net pockets and elastic loops.
- It contains a complete assortment of supplies for the first responder.
Bag Size: 17"w x 13"h x 8"d orange
- Abdominal/Pressure (ABD) Pad, dressing, 5" x 9"
- Activated Charcoal, 50 gm (8 oz)
- Adhere Fluff, HART, gauze bandage roll, 4.5" x 4.1 yards
- Adhesive bandages, HART, sheer, 1" x 3"
- Adhesive tape, HART, 1" x 10 yd spool
- Adhesive tape, HART, 2" x 5 yd spool
- Airway, adult, large
- Airway, adult, medium
- Airway, adult, small
- Alcohol wipes, HART, isopropyl 70%
- Ammonia inhalants, pads
- Aneroid Sphygmometer, basic, adult cuff
- Bite Stick, plastic
- BloodBlocker, HART, trauma dressing
- Burn Dressing, sterile, 4" x 4"
- Burn Sheet, sterile, 60" x 90"
- Butterfly Closure, HART, medium
- Cold Pack, HART, instant cold, 5" x 6"
- CPR facemask, O2 inlet, with one-way valve, adult
- Elastic Bandage, HART Dynawrap, 3"
- Eye Clean, HART, drop/skin irrigation solution, 4 oz
- Eye Clean, HART, eye/skin flush, 16 oz
- Eye pads, HART, oval, with tape strips
- First Aid & Burn Cream, HART, 9 gm packets
- First Aid Assistance Guide, HART, booklet
- Forceps, hemostat, straight, 5.5"
- Forceps, splinter, fine tip, 3.5"
- Gauze sponges, sterile, 4" x 4"
- Gloves, nitrile, large, per pair
- Insta-Glucose, single-dose, 31 mg tube
- Hand Sanitizer, antiseptic gel, packets
- Infectious Waste Bag, biohazard, 7-10 gal
- Multi-trauma Dressing, HART, sterile,10" x 30"
- Padded Splint, HART, 4.25" x 36", rolled
- Penlight, HART, with pupil gauge
- PVP Iodine Wipes, HART, antiseptic
- Rescue Blanket, HART, mylar
- Scissors, EMT, black handle, 7.5"
- Sof-Adhere, HART, stretch gauze, sterile, 2" x 4.1 yd roll
- Sof-Adhere, HART, stretch gauze, sterile, 3" x 4.1 yd roll
- Sof-Adhere, HART, stretch gauze, sterile, 4" x 4.1 yd roll
- Sooth-a-Sting Wipes, HART, anesthetic
- Stethoscope, dual head
- Thermometer, digital, oral
- Triangular Bandage, HART, with pins, muslin
- Tongue Blades, Large
- Tourniquet, metal buckle type, nylon strap
- Tribiotic, HART, triple antibiotic ointment, packets
- Wound Wipes, HART, BZK, antiseptic
No matter what you might need to facilitate a safe and enjoyable winter ski season, NorMed has you covered! Call us at +1 800-288-8200 to speak to our knowledgable customer service team, who can assist you in choosing the right products just for you, or browse our website to compare products, read customer reviews, and place your orders!
In the meantime, we will wear our pajamas inside-out, dance outdoors, and place spoons under our pillow, praying for heavy snowfall.